TOP 10 Annoying Things this Celiac will Hear at the Holiday Dinner Table
The holidays are difficult enough being gluten free, but dealing with family on top of it can be downright overwhelming.
1. Just go on and eat some of your grandma’s bread honey, you don’t want to hurt her feelings do you?
2. Why does she get to have her own table of food, that’s not fair!!
3. What’s this gluten stuff everyone is talking about? Can it help with my arthritis?
4. Dr. Oz says you’re not suppose to eat gluten free to lose weight, you’re already small enough, have some of grandma’s bread.
5. Eh, I hear this gluten free stuff is just another way for companies and ‘the man’ to scare America and make more money off us. It’s all in your head.
6. You are too thin dear, are you sure this gluten free diet is what the doctor says you should do?
7. Why can’t you eat the stuffing or the gravy or the green bean casserole? Eat it and let’s see what happens.
8. I would die if I couldn’t eat grandma’s bread anymore.
9. You’re just trying to be the center of attention.
10. And then finally someone will say, ‘everyone just leave her alone to eat what she wants, she looks and feels better than most of you so she is obviously doing something right.’
Ah, good times around the dinner table that some of you might be going through as well. Stay strong, be healthy and do what is best for you regardless of what people say.
*Please feel free to add your own in the comment section below!!!
Find More Following GlutenFreeGal